The requirements for submitting your UTR document are very specific and the verification takes 2 days, so if it is wrong your payment may be delayed.
Please follow these instructions very carefully to avoid rejection and having to repeat the process.
You can either:
- provide a screenshot from the HMRC website
- provide a photograph of a paper document
1. HMRC website
Do the following:
- Sign-in to the HMRC website here: https://www.access.service.gov.uk/login/signin/creds
- Go to your 'Account Home'
- Take a screenshot of the page like this:
Make sure the following is visible:
- Your name
- The UTR
2. Paper Document
To submit a photo of an HMRC document ensuring the following:
- Document is the right way up
- The details are clear and easy to read
- The whole page is showing
make sure the following details are clearly visible:
- HMRC logo or URL
- Your Full Name
- The UTR number
Then upload it on your My Account page.